So, I may have a new job.

I won't get ahead of myself because I just got the call today. My previous job was in banking but in a very specialized department. My name was referred by the recruiter at my former job (yay her!)

The lady called today to tell me that my name had been given to her and she wanted to call me right away. We talked for awhile about the position and then I emailed her my resume.

I have to say, I'm excited because I was really becoming discouraged about not finding a job after over 10 months of being laid off!!

I have TRULY enjoyed my time at home and I know that's an opportunity I probably won't get again until I retire...LOL! I always wanted to be a SAHM but couldn't.

Thank God I was money smart over the years and saved for a rainy day. I just never thought my rainy day would be a long layoff.

Of course, I'm already thinking about the negatives, such as, the job is in a neighboring city (about 20 mins) and I've done a commute before and said I didn't want to do that again, which is one of the reasons I accepted my last job; it was 10 mins from home! Also, I was able to be really involved with my son's Kindergarten year because I was off. I think it really helped him through the school year. I loved being able to volunteer in his class and pick him up from school and not leave him in aftercare.

He's already said he doesn't want me to go back to work but I know I have to. Unemployment will end next month and savings will also...

Any rich, single men out there???!! Kidding!!!

Comments

Popular Posts