Drum roll please........

You all may remember my previous posts about my son not being able to ride a bike and being concerned about his grades, well I have excellent news...!

Last week in PE, third through fifth graders started bike riding. The kids that couldn't ride are in a group and the riders are in another group. They started on Wednesday and my son started out on a bike without pedals in order to learn how to push off and balance. He was absent on Thursday (not feeling well) and then on Friday...he became a RIDER...woo hoo! He learned in ONE day and was so excited. I picked him up from school (because I played hookey from work) and he couldn't wait to get home and show me (I need to take a pic and post it).

On to the other good news...Tuesday was report card day and my child brought home 4 B's and a C! It's not the Honor Roll but I am SO proud of him. He worked super hard to pull his grades up and I can actually see that he's learning. He said next time he definitely wants Honor Roll or even Principal's List.

Just had to share the awesomeness that is my son.

Comments

  1. Yay!!!!! I'm so happy about his grades, that's absolutely awesome. You must be so proud! And way to go with the biking, too. How cool that your school does that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply Happy. Thanks! I'm excited about his grades as well and I know he will do even better next grading period. I think it is awesome that the school does the biking thing too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts