What's been going on at The Mom Spot house you ask

 I really don't post much anymore but feel the urge to drop by every now and then.  I keep saying I'm done blogging but just can't bring myself to shut it down yet.  So here's what's going on in our world...

School

School started about 40 days or so ago and the boy seems to be doing well in 5th grade so far.  Math has always been one of his fave subjects and I definitely think it's gotten harder.  They are really focused on decimals and division at this point; we will see how it goes the rest of the year.  He's still not in any outside of school activities yet (still working on that).  He is enjoying being a safety patrol and even one of the school employees noticed that he takes his responsibilty "seriously."  He was also selected for student council again this year! He enjoys it and hopefully it's something he'll want to continue in middle school.

Work/Career

So my job announced a few weeks ago that they will soon close the center I work at.  I know I should be sad or something but I'm so overjoyed not.  I do feel bad for the people that have been there for many years and had planned to ride this job out until retirement.  I have LOATHED this job pretty much everyday for the 2.8 years I've been there and suffered through it because I wanted to finish school before moving on and having a day off during the week made going to school a bit easier.  I do see how a person can become complacent though, even in an uncomfortable situation that you dislike.  One of my co-workers said she only planned to be there 6 months and has been there almost 8 years!  It's easy to just wake up, get dressed and keep doing the same thing day in and day out because it's familiar.  Well the job announcement has awakened me from my stupor and I finally updated my resume with my new degree, had reviewed several times and have been applying to different healthcare jobs like crazy!  Hopefully a door will open for me soon (fingers,toes and everything else crossed)...even though I have no healthcare background. 


That's about it for now,  I know; boring, but that's it.  What's going on in your world?


Comments

Popular Posts