Updates on the mom and boy

I haven't been around lately as you can see by my lack of posts.  Honestly, I haven't had much to say and no real desire to post anything.  We are still alive and kicking in case anyone was wondering...LOL! Here's what we've been up to:

On school...

The boy got his second report card and made the honor roll again...Woot Woot! I'm proud of him but still would like to see him be less lazy and more excited about school.  He said he'd like to make Principal's List for the last report card...we shall see. 

He also tested on grade level for reading during the second round of assessments!  Yay!  This makes me sooooo happy.  He is still in after school tutoring one day a week and I think I will let him continue that; it can only help right? I told him it would be nice to see him above grade level in reading by the end of the school year. 

I am almost at the end of my education and graduation is quickly approaching (May 4th)! Of course, that is if I finish the many assignments that I should have worked on this week while off need to finish.  I've come to far and worked too hard not to graduate, so I know I have to get these assignments done but I'm having a MAJOR case of senioritis...ugh!

On health...

About a month or so ago, I won the "World's Worst Mom" award.  I found out my boy has high cholesterol and has gained 10 lbs (Yikes) since September! I was so embarrassed and felt horrible for my child for doing this to him.  Somewhere during the last year, I have to admit, that our eating habits have become horrible.  With me getting off at 6, being totally unorganized, not to mention tired alot, it became easier to just hit up a drive thru for dinner.  I knew we had become horrible with eating veggies but I had no idea things were so bad that it would affect my child's cholesterol and make him gain that much weight so quickly.  One weird thing is, I couldn't even tell he had put on that much weight (maybe because I see him everyday.). 

Anywho, now that I'm over the pity party, I have decided we both need to be more active and eat better after spring break is over this week for our health.  One thing we've been doing is bike riding more now that it's still light out when we get home.  One step at a time to create new, healthier habits.  Of course the boy is fighting the eating healthy thing tooth and nail.  His doc wants to test his  cholesterol again and I want to see some good results.

Comments

Popular Posts