Mom Spot randomness

I haven't posted much lately; guess I haven't had much to say honestly.  Life is pretty much the samehere.  Trying to enjoy both of us being out of school and finding cheap/free fun things to do with my son.  I want to plan a back to school, celebrate passing 3rd grade and state testing theme park trip soon. 

We have been trying to get more active the past few weeks.  I walk while my son rides his bike for at least 20 minutes and we've really been enjoying it.  When we first started, we were getting a lot of rain, so we got rained on a few evenings and had to skip several days.  I just hope we can keep this up once we start back to school and our evenings have to include homework...we shall see.

On a different note, I have recently realized that I no longer turn my nose up or judge women that do not have custody of their child/ren.  Being a parent is SO tough some times and add to that your own personal issues and sometimes it can feel like carrying a mountain.  If a woman feels it's best to let her ex husband/baby daddy/mother/sister what have you raise her child, then who am I to talk bad about her. 

The last few years have made me realize just how judgmental I was.  Every man not living with his kids was a deadbeat, every woman/man that slept with a married person was a whore, every woman not raising her kids was pathetic, etc.  I have come to realize I'm no better than anyone and several of the things I said I would never do; I HAVE done.  I just felt I needed to share this.

Until next time.

Comments

  1. So glad you're back!

    I think everyone judges at some point, don't be too hard on yourself. Part of growing up (which we continue to do even now) is learning that not everything is as it seems. I've been very judgy, too, and as time passes and I meet more people, I'm slowly realizing that every situation is unique.

    God knows there are days I think my kids are suffering, having to live with my broke ass...

    And bravo to you for admitting that you've done things the "old you" said she never would. Me too. Life is not easy.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny!

      I am and have always been hard on myself. The last few years have taught me that the world will NOT end if I make a bad choice...lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts