So....

What's been going on in our world in 2013 you ask? Even if you didn't ask, here goes. 

The new year has started out ok (maybe I say that because I'm trying to learn to see the positive more).  I'm still not rich and I'm still carrying an extra 30 lbs but oh well. 

On the healthcare front:

I had my yearly well woman exam and my midwife said "why should you bleed every month when you're done having kids?" I was a bit surprised by that statement because I'm one of those people that says let the body does what it does, for the most part.  I've been having a period for 30 years and honestly I don't see it as that big of a deal.  It has gotten a bit heavier since my son was born but nothing major.  She suggested this procedure that will make me no longer have a period and it costs....$1100...um, No thanks! 

The boy has missed 2 days of school this week and has missed about 10 so far this year!  I have to get to the bottom of these stomach issues he's having.  He has done two rounds of acid reflux meds and that hasn't worked.  He's still having sporadic nausea and vomiting.  The doc suggested doing an upper GI and I just don't want him to go through that. 

On the school front:

The boy is kicking butt in school still.  As of now he has 4 A's and 1 B and his reading lexile has improved about 200 points.  He's at grade level now but I still want him to continue tutoring and I'm making him read more at home.  I would like to see him at the top of grade level by the end of the year or possibly above grade level. 

I am finishing up week two of my final semester.  I am interning at my local health department and met with my mentor and her supervisor this week.  My only real concern is if I will be able to get the 60 hours I need before April?!

That's it for now, hope everyone else is having a swell 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts