Houston, we have a hair....underarm hair that is!

Well it has happened.... I guess puberty has hit our household (sniff, sniff).  My baby came out of the shower yesterday morning (naked, I might add, another post for another time) and showed me is LONE underarm hair.  He was so proud of it too, so I had to make a big deal out of it but really I'm sad because he's growing up WAY too fast for my liking. 

Fifth grade is the year that they learn about puberty and their "changing bodies" in school.  The teachers will conveniently teach this health segment the last week of school and then ship them off for the summer with all of their questions...yay (insert sarcasm). 

Call me lame, crazy or whatever, but I honestly didn't know boys went through puberty.  I just found this out last year!  Oh well, that's what happens when you grow up with four sisters.  I knew how OUR bodies changed but other than a deepening voice, I didn't think boys really had to concern themselves with puberty. 

So I guess our journey has begun.  I think I knew it was coming because for the last year or so he has been so emotional (yay me!...insert more sarcasm here) and my oldest sis (thanks sis!) said that was one of the stages of puberty.  So...what comes next?! Whatever it is, we're ready...I think.

Comments

Popular Posts