Random Saturday thoughts in November

I haven't been posting much lately, just too tired after parenting, studying and working. I also haven't done my random thoughts post lately, so here goes..

Why is forgiveness SO hard?! I have posted a couple of times about my journey to forgive but man, it is tough. It doesn't help that the person I'm trying to forgive continues to show his assholeness at random intervals (like just when I think I've made progress).

So, my son got his first detention since starting school and he serves it on Monday. As if, third grade hasn't been enough of a challenge for him, now this. Anyway, I told him not to worry about it and we will work together to make sure he doesn't get anymore.

How do all of you solo parents balance it? I thought I was handling everything pretty well until the last couple years. I just feel overwhelmed on a regular basis lately (might be why my doc put me on Xanax a few months ago). Really, how do you do it?

Comments

  1. I have no idea how I do it...you have a lot on your plate though, working AND being in school? That's a lot.

    I don't know if single parents can get a true balance. Something always suffers, whether it's the laundry, our spiritual sides, our sleep...or even our kids. It's like navigating through an unfamiliar forest while wearing a blindfold. We will get through it, and so will our kids, but there will be plenty of stumbles along the way.

    One thing that rejuvenates me it getting out with my friends, or just having them over. Nothing like some good old hen time to make a tired, stressed out mom feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! We will get through it (us and the kids). I need to get out and make friends (probably should have focused more on that when I was younger).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts