Quote of the day (or year if needed)

“To forgive is to set a prisoner free, and discover that the prisoner was you.” - Lewis Smedes


This is a quote I read on another blog recently and I hope she doesn't mind me stealing borrowing it. I so needed to stumble upon that blog post at this time in my life. I don't think I've ever been one that was quick to forgive but I'm just now realizing how that has held me back over the last few years.

What I have failed to do though is move on from the anger. Now, eight years later and still single (haven't even considered a relationship since the divorce), I'm still very much angry with the ex and I really have no clue how to move on. The quote above really rings true because unforgiveness only punishes the person that's unforgiving.

I'm 40 and I need to let this go, once and for all and this will be my year. I'm thankful for coming across that blog post and say thanks to the person that wrote it (won't share the blog name without permission). I wish I could go back over 8 yrs ago and start over but I know I can't, so I'll just start fresh today, this very moment.

Baby steps.....

Comments

Popular Posts